Be prepared.

I once was talking to someone very close to me who was lamenting about not having a job nor the capital to start a business.So I asked if he had a business idea in mind,a proposal and what his budget was to begin with and his projection for the business in 3,6,9 months time.The reply i got stunned me.Hear him,"I haven't thought it through yet but if i can raise a capital of something running to a million naira (an equivalent of £4000 or $2500 dollars)I would just know what to do with it".But how many of us know that is not what the bank nor an investor nor even a philantrophist wants to hear.In life be prepared for what you are looking for, if as a writer you want to be published someday and you haven't done any writings except in your minds eye,when you meet a publisher he will send you back to the drawing board.There is also the need to be honest with oneself about when and where we are at,look around you,there maybe a way to starting small,than waiting for the big breakthrough,that normally comes when we have been proven and tested. I also think, the idea is to be moving,than remaining stagnant. Often than not you stumble on more opportunities as you dare to take more risks, meet more people and try new things. Its worth thinking about.

Comments