SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION- YOU ARE NOT ALONE. GET HELP NOW




              20th-26th of April 2015 is National Anxiety and Depression Awareness Week.



These are  SERIOUS MEDICAL ILLNESSES  not something you made up, but silent killers that have sent many to their graves early not because there isn't treatment but because many of us don't come forward for help because of stigmatization; the fear of being labelled MAD. If you are suffering from either, I want you to know you are not alone, there is no need for you to suffer in silence. What others would think of you or say about you is not important, but slowly digging your own grave IS, think about your loved ones , seek that help today starting with the below verses for depression and anxiety by Ron Clave.

Bible Verses for Depression and Anxiety

Below are several Scripture verses that may help you during your time of depression and anxiety.
Read them, aloud if you can.
Pray through them, aloud if you can.
Meditate on them throughout the day.
You don’t have to go through them all at once, so just pick a few at a time each day.  
One of my favorite verses, albeit unusual, that has helped me through many down times is Genesis 1:1
In the beginning…
I always try and remember this: “In the beginning, I was there, among them all, in the mind of God.”
You are loved, valuable and precious in the sight of God. You are worth His sacrifice upon the cross and you are worth every drop of His blood that was shed for you. You are not alone. Accept His precious gift of grace.  
Psalm 37:23-24, 39-40
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand
The Lord rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. The Lord helps them, rescuing them from the wicked. He saves them, and they find shelter in him. 
Isaiah 41:10
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” 
Philippians 4:4 
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands has he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
You are my lamp O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.
Anyone who is among the living has hope.
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
You heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help… Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God.
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I’ll lift up my soul.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but a good word cheers it up.
And the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Surely he took up our sicknesses and carried our sorrows.
Psalm 4:1,3,8
Here me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him…I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. 
Everything is possible for him who believes.
Mark 9:24
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Come near to God and he will come near to you.
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
The Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials.
Dear Friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.
But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.

  • Psalm 34:17

  • The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

  • Psalm 40:1-3

  • I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

  • Psalm 3:3

  • But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. 

  • Psalm 32:10

  • Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD’s unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

  • Psalm 42:11

  • Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God!  will praise him again—my Savior and my God! 
  • 1 Peter 5:6-7

  • Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

  • Romans 8:38-39

  • For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  • 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

  • Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

  • Isaiah 41:10

  • So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

  • Isaiah 41:13
  • For I hold you by your right hand—I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.
  • Psalm 107:13
  • Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses.
  • Psalm 94:19
In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.
Psalm 139:23
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
Hebrews 13:5-6
“I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Ephesians 2:14
He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
2 Peter 1:2-4 
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.
Proverbs 1:33
But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil.”
Proverbs 24:10
If you do nothing during a difficult time, your strength will be limited.
Jeremiah 9:24
But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the Lord.
Ephesians 6:10-11
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.


 If you need to talk to someone or need help getting medical support pls send me a mail at info@arisenigerianwoman.org

         

STAY ALIVE!

Comments